Looking for Classic & retro VW campervan Hire in the Yorkshire and the Lake District area?If you are thinking of visiting the beautiful countryside of the Yorkshire dales or the Wuthering heights of Bronte Country, there is no better way to enjoy some of the most stunning scenery England has to offer, than in a retro VW Campervan.As you drive from place to place in a Classic VW camper, you can't help but smile and have fun. Hire Murdoch, our 1973 VW T2 bay Window Campervan for your next holiday and you will have comfort, fun and adventure!Our VW campervan is available to hire for full weeks, short breaks or even just for the day. If you have any questions or would like any further information, please just give us a call or send us an email and we'll be more than happy to help.
- Classic 1973 Volkswagon T2 Campervan fully refurbished in 2016.
- Stunning Blue and Cream in Colour, he really looks the part!
- Funky finishing touches, with Chrome wing mirrors, eyelids and VW Badge, and blue checkered flooring
- Leisure Battery, hook up and cable
- Sleeping The main bed is a ‘rock ‘n’ roll’ design, which makes transforming the rear bench seat into a comfy 6′ x 4′ double bed simple. The pop top also comfortably sleeps 2 children or 2 small adults, Roll mattresses will be required if the rock and roll bed will be used at the same time.
- Kitchen Our VW Camper has a two-burner gas hob supplied with gas bottle and a stainless steel sink with electric pump. Both have glass tops, allowing for plenty of usable worktop space. We also supply an waste water tank. There's also 40 litre Waeco fridge with built in small compact freezer compartment. The campervan kitchen is also well stocked with crockery, cutlery, pans, whistling kettle and most importantly a bottle opener!
- Electrics The campervan has and additional leisure battery which powers the fridge and water pump so they continue to work if you’re not at a campsite with electric hookup. If electric hookup is available, simply plug in the long cable supplied, and you can also make use of the normal 240v electric socket in the campervan.
- Other stuff Murdoch has plenty of storage space for all your clothes and comes with all the things need for an enjoyable camping trip - Chairs, camping table, lights, portable Bluetooth Speaker/Radio and of course a pack of cards! Behind the bench seat is a large parcel shelf area which has plenty of room for storage while on the move.
- Also inclusive with your campervan rental
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance (£500 fully refundable deposit required)
- RAC breakdown cover
- Complimentary hamper full of Yorkshire goodies for your journey
- Parking for your own vehicle while you take Murdoch away
- 75 Miles per day (average). Please note due to the age of Murdoch, we are unable to cater for itineraries to Scotland and the South of England
Are there any requirements to drive the campervan?
Yes, there's a few requirements of our Insurance provider:
- are not under the age of 23 or over 75 years of age.
- has held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of two years.
- has not had their licence suspended for any period within the last three years.
- has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last three years.
- has no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- has not obtained a BA,DD or UT conviction.
Are Dogs Allowed?
Yes of course! Well behaved 4 legged friends are welcome to join you on your break away.
|Month of Hire||Weekend|
Please select the dates you would like to book from our calendar below and then complete your details in the form. We will confirm availability as soon as possible.